World Association of International Studies -- WAIS

by Ronald Hilton see WAIS Site at Stanford University Your comments are invited. Read the home page of the World Association of International Studies (WAIS) by simply double-clicking above or go to: http://wais.stanford.edu/ E-mail to hilton@stanford.edu Mail to Ronald Hilton, Hoover Institution, Stanford, CA 94305-6010. Please inform us of any change of e-mail address.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bratislava, EU, Slovakia

Friday, July 23, 2004

HMOs and punitive awards

Daryl DeBell said. "Perhaps someone can tell me why HMOs are not prosecuted for practicing medicine when they negate a medical doctor's decision and order, obviously to save money". Randy Black comments: "I have belonged to an HMO for more than a decade. I have never had a bad experience. Contrary of what I read in the media, my various physicians, and those of my wife, did anything and everything for our needs. When I needed surgery to repair an injury, there was no talk of cutting corners, no pun intended, and during my operation, when it was evident to the physician that I would benefit from a more extensive, and far more expensive procedure, he was free to change plans and go that route, which he did".