World Association of International Studies -- WAIS

by Ronald Hilton see WAIS Site at Stanford University Your comments are invited. Read the home page of the World Association of International Studies (WAIS) by simply double-clicking above or go to: http://wais.stanford.edu/ E-mail to hilton@stanford.edu Mail to Ronald Hilton, Hoover Institution, Stanford, CA 94305-6010. Please inform us of any change of e-mail address.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bratislava, EU, Slovakia

Sunday, July 25, 2004

African Oil & Gas reserves- Bush's next target?

Glenye Cain writes; "AP has reported that Will Farish unexpectedly is resigning his post as Ambassador to the Court of St. James because, he said, he wants to concentrate on family businesses. I wondered when I read that if this meant something oil-related (I can't believe his horse business is THAT pressing!) that requires his greater involvement. Could this be part of it? Or am I being too quick to connect dots that might not actually be connectable?" RH: It sounds quite plausible, Reports from London described him as the invisible ambassador because he had disappeared from public view. I have heard nothing straight from the horse's mouth.