World Association of International Studies -- WAIS

by Ronald Hilton see WAIS Site at Stanford University Your comments are invited. Read the home page of the World Association of International Studies (WAIS) by simply double-clicking above or go to: http://wais.stanford.edu/ E-mail to hilton@stanford.edu Mail to Ronald Hilton, Hoover Institution, Stanford, CA 94305-6010. Please inform us of any change of e-mail address.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bratislava, EU, Slovakia

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

RE: Springtime for Hitler

Randy Black lived in Omsk and married a Russian. They and her mother now live in Texas.  He writes: "Mr. Jones’ post almost causes me to feel sorry for Adolph Hitler and the Germans. How could I have ever disliked “good old Adolph?” The man that directly caused the deaths of millions of Europeans for no other reason that the God whom they worshipped is certainly to be pitied. I suppose I should tell my mother-in-law to revise her thoughts on “the phenomenon Adolph Hitler.” She and her parents survived by eating tree bark, boiling grass and hiding in a hole in the ground for weeks in their region of western Russia after the Germans destroyed everything in their path during the invasion. I’ll tell her it was not really an invasion but simply the Germans in search of a new vacation destination.
I’ll run downstairs right now and tell her that Hitler was “a sympathetic person.” Thanks for correcting my misconceptions of “the phenomenon Hitler,” Mr. Jones".